We’re taking a moment to reflect and digest what rocked our world earlier in March, like this whole “Dress Gate – Is this blue and black or white and gold?” issue and the Magnum-importance that is Zoolander at Paris Fashion Week as we were nominated by Ann at Hey Liao! for a Liebster award! Thank you so much dear! The sweetest flattery :)
Before we get down to the Q&A for those who are wondering, this award is given to bloggers by bloggers like a chain to encourage and support the discovery of other upcoming blogs out there. From being readers to now blogging ourselves, it’s lovely to send some hearts over to your fellow peers you visit online and pass on the Care Bear feels to others who care about blogging just as much as we do! Ready for our speed date? Let’s go!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from your nominator.
3. Nominate bloggers who have less than 500 followers. (Basing this on Bloglovin, if not then Instagram “microblog”)
4. Create 11 new questions.
5. Notify your nominees through social media
1. Are you a better blogger at Day/Night?
Siree: Recently I found blogging in the day really motivates me.
I use to do a lot of my idea planning and writing at night and found that my mind was too wind down and relaxed to focus so I’m trying to do the bulk of my writing and planning when my day starts off fresh.
Talyssa: I only seem to ever do blogging at night after work…because that is my only free time :(
2. What have you learnt from blogging?
Siree: I don’t think I’ve “learnt” a great deal from blogging as it’s really more of an extension of what I like to do in my free time but I’ve certainly “developed” more, like my writing style, photography skills etc.
Talyssa: That it is super hard to balance work, friends, boyfriend, family, blog, me time.
3. How has blogging changed your life?
Siree: It gives me something to look forward to during the day and the idea of doing something that was a creative project has always appealed to me.
Talyssa: I wouldn’t say it has changed my life, but more extended. It gives me a reason to practice hobbies like fashion, photography, graphic design, writing.
4. What’s your star sign?
Talyssa: I’m right on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius and I say I have qualities of both, but I’m definitely more a Scorpio.
5. What are your must have tools for blogging (camera, software etc.)?
Siree: Other than the obvious good camera and spell check, you do need to invest in your creativity since it gives you the inspiration to write an interesting post, the ability to write in the way you want to express yourself and so on. I also find more than Photoshop, camera apps like VSCOM are my recent go-to for photo retouching.
Talyssa: A good camera, an interesting perspective, the ability to write, how to use Photoshop and the drive to keep on going. It’s so easy to start a blog and even easier to give up on it.
6. Who takes your photos?
Siree: Unless otherwise stated, Talyssa. It’s one of the perks of sharing a blog :)
Talyssa: Siree, haha.
7. What is your favorite dish?
Siree: I’m truly food obsessed but if I had to choose at this current time, it’s Lebanese food. I like a lot of variety.
Talyssa: Oh my gawd. Do not even ask me this question it is too cruel. But if I had to pick one, I always enjoy my Thai mango salad with soft shell crab..om nom nom nom nom
8. If you could travel anywhere right now! Where would you go?
Siree: I really want to go back to Asia. Venice comes in a close second.
Talyssa: South America - the adventure!
9. Please share a few of your favorite posts (from your blog) and why you love them!
Siree: I really like our Korea Travel Series posts. It always brings back great memories reading through again:
Myeongdong – Shopping, fur trends and skinship groping Ajuuma
Clothing Overload and Hyper-Giddyness in Dongdaemun!
Insadong – For all your Holiday Souvenir Needs!
Samcheongdong – A Sweet Neighbourhood
Hongdae – Because Korean Hipsters are WAY cooler than Hipsters in Newtown
Korean Themed Restaurants and Cafes – Part One and Part Two
See more here!
The WHATIWEAR Sydney Fashion Blogger Meet is another favourite. It was awesome to meet other local bloggers who are more than just “a keyboard away” if you get what I mean.
Talyssa: I particularly love the Cobwebs shoot and Magic in the sky, because they both turned out so magical looking. Im also very fond of our first ever shoot, the lighthouse was absolutely beautiful, and probably the shoot we put the most effort into.
I also really like our GTFO’s because, well, food. duh. yum.
10. Have you made some good friends from blogging?
As horrible as the word is, we have “e-met” a couple of other bloggers who we share a couple of moments with whether online or off. It would be great if we could meet up one day. We want to do a blog meet soon!
11. Where do you want to take your blog next?
Siree: Overseas! I would love to blog about my adventures and life somewhere interesting and feed off the energy of where I end up. I would also like to open a blog shop soon and curate a collection!
That’s a wrap! Thank you again Ann!
Here are the nominees!
The Name Drop:
Here are our 11 Questions!
1. What’s the story behind your blog name?
2. What does a normal day in your life look like?
3. Tea or coffee?
4. Why did you start your blog?
5. What’s the best advice you have ever gotten?
6. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
7. What is the most exciting thing about blogging for you?
8. What’s your favourite social media platform?
9. Do you think of yourself as an introvert or an extrovert?
10. What or who is your current obsession?
Until next time!
Siree and Talyssa